Search Engine Optimization/Optimizer (SEO) is the methodology of strategies, techniques and tactics used to increase traffic from the free, organic, editorial or natural search results on search engines (SERPs) like Google, Bing and Yahoo by obtaining a high-ranking placement.
SEO helps to ensure that a site is accessible to a search engine and improves the chances that the site will be found by the search engine.
Here are some statistics about search and why it’s important for entrepreneurs and business owners:
- On average there are 5,922,000,000 (almost six billion) searches a day.
- 70 percent of links that search users click on are organic results. (Target Marketing)
- 70 percent to 80 percent of search users ignore paid search ads. (Target Marketing)
- 75 percent of search users are not clicking past the first page of search results. (Target Marketing)
- Organic search traffic produces 25 percent higher conversion rates than traffic driven by equivalent paid search traffic. (Target Marketing)
- When asked about daily use (as opposed to any use), email was just slightly ahead of search, with 61% saying they do email daily, versus 59% who say they search each day. (Search Engine Land)
- From the breakdown, daily searching is most popular with (Search Engine Land):
- Men, 61% versus 57% of women
- Whites, 60% versus 57% of African Americans and 48% of Hispanics
- 18-29 year-olds, 66% versus 64% for 30-49 year-olds, 52% of 50-64 year-olds and 37% of those 65 years or older
- College graduates, 75% versus 66% with some college education, 41% of high school grads and 29% with some high school education
- Those earning $75,000 or more, 78%, versus $30-$45,000 at 67%, $50-$75,000 at 66% and less than $30,000 at 38%
- 93% of online experiences begin with a search engine. It is where everyone starts their hunt for the most relevant information. (Business 2 Community)
- 75% of search engine users never click to the second page, they stay on the first one, mainly concentrating on the first four links that appear. (Business 2 Community)
Contact us today for a consultation to help your business show up on major search engines and we can run a FREE listing report for you.