https://www.blue16media.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/04/AdobeStock_83185579.jpeg 2701 3200 admin http://blue16media.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/08/3-300x153.png admin2016-04-26 20:45:362016-04-26 20:46:41Questions for your Website Designer or Marketer
These questions will help you think through your new website or any other marketing initiative.
- What’s the name of your business?
- What’s the domain/website address(es) for your business?
- Please includes the links to the social media sites (Twitter, Instagram, Facebook, YouTube, LinkedIn, Flickr, Google Plus, Pinterest, Tumblr, Other) described.
- Tell us a little about your business? (e.g. history, team, etc.)
- Do you have a slogan or tagline that clearly describes what you offer in terms of benefits or features?
- What is your #1 products and/or services?
- What other products and services do you provide?
- Do you have any special offers? – e.g. ebook, free consultation, free audio files
- How do most people find your business (e.g. word of mouth, Facebook, Google)
- Who are your competitors?
- Why do you believe people should do business with you rather than with a competitor? – What distinguishes you from other companies in this field?
- Please describe your ideal customer -Pay special attention to their income, interests, gender, age, even type of computer they use, e.g., old with dial-up account or newer with broadband. If your website is a business-to-business site, what sort of companies are you hoping to attract?
- What do you like and/or dislike about your existing site? – If you have an existing site. If not, please place N/A.
- Do you have an existing website with content?
- When would you like the website completed?
- What is your primary goal for your website?
- What are other goals for your website?
- What colors do you want for your website?
- Do you have a logo? (Y/N)
- Please list the names of five other sites that you like. Why are they attractive to you?
- Have you done SEO in the past for your current site?
- What’s your Marketing/SEO goal? – What do you hope to achieve with your marketing investment (e.g. +3 sales)?
- Location – Please only include if you would like your website and listings to include this location.
- Do you have target keywords? – What would people search in Google for if they didn’t know you or your business?
- Have you done social media in the past for your current site?
- What’s your Social Media goal? – What do you hope to achieve with your marketing investment (e.g. +3 sales)?
- Which words in the company name do you want to emphasize on your logo?
- Do you want to include a tagline into the logo?
- Who are your competitors (and what do you think about their logos)?
- What colors do you want or not want to be used in your logo?
- What logo layout do you prefer? – Some logos are fully text-based, some have a graphic incorporated into the text, and in some the graphic is separate from the text. Additionally, there are also logos made to resemble seals or badges.
- Graphically speaking, what should the logo contain? – There are three options. The simplest design-wise is to create a logo based on the company’s initials. Other options are either a graphic related to their business/company name, or an abstract graphic. See below:
- What do you intend to do with your logo? Where do you intend to display it? – Companies can feature their logo in all sorts of places – website, business cards, promotional products… The logo has to “work” in each and every location it will adorn. If a company intends to make a lot of promotional products, then the logo you make for them should be easy to reproduce on any medium (pens, mugs, clothing), which sounds easier in theory than it is in practice! Logos intended solely for web use can have gradients and a wide color palette, while embroidery calls for simpler logos, with up to 3 colors.
- If you have an existing logo, do you want to keep any elements of it?
- Which companies have your favorite logos?
- Do you have any other ideas of your own for your logo?